Is there an age requirement to take any school courses?
Participants must be at least 16 to participate in any activity on the racetrack and possess a current, valid driver's license. All participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent consent form signed and authenticated.Teen Driving School participants can participate in the safety school off-track if they have a valid learner's permit. Karting School restrictions for height and age are 64 inches and at least 14 years of age.

Are there automatic transmission cars?
Automatic transmission Mustangs are not available. All Highway Safety School vehicles are automatic.

Do you provide helmets and racing suits?
We do provide helmets for classes but participants are welcome to bring their own if it is rated Snell 2000 or better. We provide one-layer driving suits for our full-day Ford Racing High Performance Driving School participants. For race-weekend arrive-and-drive participants, two layer suits, full-face helmets and HANS devices are available for rent (reservations required).

Can I bring a guest?
Participants are welcome to bring a guest. The guest can join us for all classroom sessions, as well as all meals, for an additional $50 fee. Guests will not be permitted to ride with participants; however, they may sign up for Hot Laps at noon to ride with an instructor. Guests will be required to sign track waivers.

How much track time do I get in the High Performance Driving Schools?
Our program runs from 9:00 a.m. to approximately 4:45 p.m. each day. First-day students will spend roughly 30% of the time inside in the classroom, including lunch. The remaining 70% of the day is spent behind the wheel. Second- and third-day students are guaranteed a minimum of five 20-minute sessions on the track.

Are travel and accommodations included in the class prices?
No, but you can click "here" to see recommended hotels in the area.

Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes, we offer gift cards. All gift cards are non-refundable. You can purchase gift cards and other merchandise here.

Can I bring my own car?
We provide the cars for all schools. You are welcome to bring your own car but for safety reasons, it is best to keep it parked.

What should I wear?
Comfortable, seasonal attire is recommended. Wear soft-soled shoes, such as driving or tennis shoes.

What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation requests received no less than 30 days prior to the first day of the program will receive a refund of 90% of the value. Programs CANCELLED 30 days or less, prior to the first day of the program will be charged 100% of the face value of the program or if RESCHEDULED will receive credit toward attendance at a future scheduled similar event within (12) months of the original reservation; a 15% rescheduling fee against the face value of the program, will be charged. Any remaining amount will not be refunded. Failure to appear will result in forfeiture of the event fee.

MMP Schools reserves the right to offer refunds at its discretion.

What is my liability?
Each participant has a liability of full replacement, per occurrence, for damage to the car they are driving. We offer an opportunity to reduce your deductible from full replacement to $5,000. The additional insurance costs $100 per day for the Mustang GT, $125 per day for the Challenge Series Car and $200 per day for the Challenge Series Car on race day.

When do classes start and end each day?

  • Ford Racing High Performance Driving School programs: Class starts at 8:00 a.m. and finishes approximately at 4:45 p.m.
  • Mustang Experience: Class starts times vary, depending on the day. Check registration for times and seat availability
  • Hot Laps are conducted generally from noon to 1:00 p.m. on any given school day. During MPRA weekends, Hot Laps are conducted on Saturdays, after 5PM.
  • Highway Safety Schools: Class starts at 8:00 a.m. for the morning session and 1:00 p.m. for the afternoon session (full-day course also available).

I'm a woman and want to come to your school. What should I do?
Get yourself signed up! We expect that 20 to 50 percent of each school will be women and we have facilities to make anyone comfortable. We encourage husbands and wives to attend together as well as fathers and daughters. There has been some talk of doing all-women's schools, so let us know if that interests you.

Where is Miller Motorsports Park?
Miller Motorsports Park is near Tooele, Utah, about 30 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport. The Salt Lake airport is the nation's main Delta hub so flights are inexpensive and readily available. See the Directions page for more information.